MALLORY MEADOWS: A BEAUTIFUL BOUTIQUE CABIN STAY IN LEICESTERSHIRE
If you’re in need of staycation, look no further than Mallory Meadows for a boutique cabin stay or a romantic roundhouse retreat, located in the heart of the Leicestershire countryside.
This family run establishment, comprising of four cabins and two romantic roundhouse retreats is set amidst 2.5 acres of landscaped gardens, juxtapositioned to take advantage of the the beautiful rural Leicestershire countryside. The site feels very much like an extension of the surroundings and makes great use of natural habitat in the local area. Mallory Meadows is the perfect place to relax, unwind and even unplug if you wish and embrace nature in tranquility in the heart of middle England.
Affiliate Links Disclosure: I may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. This is at no cost to you. For further information, read our Disclosure Policy
Pin & Save
A Little About Mallory Meadows Boutique Cabin Stays
Mallory Meadows boutique glamping is family owned and run by Emily-Jane Tams who resides on site with her family in the Keeper’s Cottage, which was once the gamekeeper’s cottage for the Mallory Estate, which is now the racing circuit. The sites backdrop is that of the 13th century All Saints church and is surrounded by mature trees and wildlife including owls, badgers, rabbits accompanied by the most beautiful morning and evening birdsong.
The four rustic cabins were completed and ready for stays in 2018 with the addition of the two roundhouse retreats in 2019. Each of the boutique cabins and roundhouses are named after the surrounding wildlife; Hare, Hedgehog, Badger, Squirrel, Robin Retreat, and Jenny Wren,
Accommodation Options for Your Boutique Cabin Stay
Your boutique cabin stay at Mallory Meadows includes a great choice of cabins and roundhouses. There are two larger more spacious cabins, Hare and Squirrel, which can both can sleep families, to include two adults and two children as well as a well-behaved poochies. The other two cabins, Hedgehog and Badger are a little smaller and can sleep two, and are ideal for couples.
If you’re looking for a more romantic, retreat-like experience, opt for the quirky roundhouse style accommodation which is located in a private meadow opposite All Saint’s Church and is surrounded by a sprinkling of mature trees.
What To Expect In The Cabins & Roundhouses
- Each cabin comes equipped with a comfy king-size bed and double sofa, Squirrel and Hare have Hypnos mattresses, which will have you sleeping like a baby!
- The cute kitchenettes have everything needed for self-catering living for a few days including utensils, pots and pans, cutlery, kettles, toasters, electric hobs or induction hobs, fridge with ice-box, microwaves, an oven or combo-oven, washing cloth, tea towel and eco-friendly washing-up liquid. All you’ll need to add to your list of things to bring is groceries, cooking oils and condiments, and scouring pads.
- There is also a dining table with chairs, a shower room with basin and WC, towels and eco-friendly toiletries, full-size and refillable.
- Free WiFi is provided in the cabins and roundhouses as well as a TV/DVD with Freeview. Each cabin is double glazed and heated throughout with the exception of the Roundhouses which have the luxury of underfloor heating.
- Additionally if you’re a stickler for non-creased clothing, you’ll jump for joy as irons and ironing boards can be found in the cabins and roundhouses.
- Each of the accommodation types provide a spacious and enclosed patio area for privacy with stylish garden furniture as well as their very own outdoor hot tubs which are filled with warm fresh water before guests arrive and sanitised using bromine to ensure safe bathing.
- Outdoor seating has cushions as well as warm blankets to take the chill off cooler evenings and breezier days.
- A great feature of the family-sized and dog friendly cabins (Squirrel and Hare) is that they are accessed via their own gate so this is very helpful for safety for teh little people and pets in tow.
- Parking is available adjacent or very close by to all properties as well as having electric car charging points close to the Keeper’s Cottage.
- For those celebrating a special occasion or fancy some wine, there’s a wine menu in the cabins which gives you a choice of wine and fizz and can be delivered to you by the owners.
- Oh and lastly if you love games you’ll be in luck, you’ll find card games as well as Connect four in the draws. Or you may just want to bring along your favourite games with you for a family competitive games night!
- Places are always memorable for their extras and at Mallory Meadows each cabin receives a goodie bag filed with, well goodies, such as chocolate, hand made crisps, Belvoir sparkling drinks and an all important map of the area.
- Don’t forget to go and see Mary. mavis and Maud, the Mallory Meadows hens close to the family house. It’s possible to ask for fresh eggs if available.
A Two-night Stay in Squirrel
One of the larger cabins, Squirrel is a spacious set up for two adults or perfect for a family of two children and a doggie companion.
Squirrel is the second of the boutique stay cabins from the main entrance and although it is sandwiched between Hedgehog and Hare, feels private with the outdoor wooden partitioning and greenery.
There’s a parking spot right outside the cabin gate which makes it perfect for unloading with a few steps up to a verandah level where you can sit on the dark brown raffia charm chairs and sip on a vino in the early evening whilst spotting some of the wildlife in the area. The verandah is covered and you can watch the sunsetting in the evening with your Gin and tonic in hand and sunrise through the trees whilst enjoying your morning coffee with the sweet sound of birdsong all around you.
The patio area features a grey table and four chairs – perfect to have lunch or dinner alfresco whilst watching the natural world surrounding you.
Behind this area, Squirrel has its very own private hot tub, which is easy to use as it’s on all the time, just push back the lid and enjoy the warming comforting feeling of the water after a days exploration.
Once the evening draws, watch the cabin exterior twinkle as the cute little fairy lights give the cabins a new almost festive with a shabby chic aesthetic.
Squirrel is a joy to stay in with a further indoor dining table and chairs to the front and large blue comfy sofa, which gives the perfect spot to unwind and watch TV. The kitchen runs all down one side of the cabin with the king-size bed at the back and bathroom adjacent to the sleeping area.
The bathroom is cute and cosy but very adequate and the shower has plenty of space, which has been well-considered in the design. Also If you’re a bit of a shower connoisseur, then this one is pretty good with an excellent flow rate!
There are two cupboards, one with a rail and both comes in useful for storing away extra items. There is also ample under-bed storage available for your luggage.
Sustainability at Mallory Meadows
- Electric vehicle charging facility – there are two complimentary electric vehicle charging points available and these must be booked prior to visits.
- Recycling – there is a recycling point close to the main entrance with bins being emptied at he end of the stay and rubbish items to be separated into the recycling bins provided.
- Eco-Products – washing up liquid as well as refillable full size toiletries are all eco-friendly and kind to the skin and environment. Mallory Meadows refill toiletry bottles with ALTER/NATIVE by Soma products. These are SLS free, Paragon press, SLES-free, Vegan-friendly, cruelty free and all made in the UK.
- Linens and towels – are changed on the day of arrival. All bedlinen, towels, tea towels and cloths are laundered at a minimum of 60 degrees using non-bio (eco-friendly) products.
- Supplying Local – If guests don’t fancy using the Kitchenettes to cook, local take-outs and restaurants are recommended and help support the surrounding small businesses. This is also important when looking for local activities and heading to surrounding attractions and partaking in experiences.
Things To Do In The Area
Mallory Meadows is superbly located for the the local attractions in the area with lots of fun to be had. Find an extensive list of things to do on the Mallory Meadows website. Some of our favourites include walking in the local vicinity.
Walk around Kirkby Mallory – see the cottages and lakes around the village. Visit All Saint’s church dating back to the 13th century with a memorial to Lord Byron’s daughter, Ada Lovelace.. Also known as Mathematical Ada, she helped design the first computer. Ada’s actually buried at St Mary Magdalene, Hymnal in Nottinghamshire next to her father, The Lord Byron.
There is also a blue plaque sign posting where Ada lived in the Mansion House which is now part of the Mallory Park Estate.
A short drive away from the village, you can head to Tropical Birdland, Bosworth Battlefied, where King Richard III died following the great battle, the quaint market town of Market Bosworth and Bradgate Park.
If all that doesn’t take your fancy – you are literally on the doorstep to Mallory Park, where you can watch motor racing. If you fancy learning a bit more about King Richard III, spend the day in Leicester, a 25 minutes drive away, and head to the King Richard III Visitor centre.
Restaurants & Bars For Your Boutique Cabin Stay
If you’re not up for self-catering, or hiring a BBQ to make use of the outdoor space in the warmer months, you can still enjoy some local wine and beer which can be delivered straight to your door (own wine in image below).
Mallory Meadows is very well located with lots of restaurants, pubs, tearooms and cafes in the area serving a selection of bar meals, fancy meals, cafe snacks and brunches as well as great wines, beers and spirits.
Here are a few suggestions for a two night stay
The Mallories, Kirkby Mallory
Mallories, previously known as Kirkby House, is located a stone’s throw from Mallory Meadows and is in walking distance in the main village of Kirby Mallory. The hotel, bar and restaurant has undergone some extensive refurbishments and has only opened a few weeks ago in late February 2023.
The restaurant serves lunch as well as dinner and has a limited food menu but on certain nights only cooks for hotel guests, so it’ best to check beforehand by calling or making a reservation. They also do Sunday lunch.
Be-lavie Recommendations: Herb rooted salmon with mash and greens or the fragrant cauliflower korma with poppadom and pilau rice. Great fill-bodies Malbec and Pint of Doombar
The menu does change daily at the moment but there’s usually a carnivorous, pescatarian and vegetarian/vegan option.
- Location: Church Road, Kirkby Mallory, Leicester LE9 7QE.
- Google Map Location: Mallories
- Website: The Mallories
- Reservations: Essential
- Price Range: ££
The Bluebell Inn, Desford
The Bluebell Inn and Lodge is a modern day pub set in the old tapestry and bakery of the village of Desford. The service is personal and friendly and they stock a growing collection of Gins.
Be-lavie Recommendations: A selection of small plates which can be eaten as tapas; Onion bhajis with mint yoghurt, patatas bravas with a spicy tomato sauce, breaded mushrooms and garlic mayo, halloumi fries and salsa dip, tempura prawns with sweet chilli and salt and pepper squid with lemon mayo.
The Bluebell Inn also does Sunday lunch and has a great pizza menu as well as a selection of mains which are more suited to non-vegetarians.
- Location: 39 High Street, Desford, Leicester LE9 9JF
- Google Map Location: The Blubell Inn
- Website: The Bluebell Inn
- Reservations: Not Necessary
- Price Range: ££
Maison Rose, Market Bosworth
15 minutes drive away lies the market town of Market Bosworth, which is also the home of Bosworth Battlefield, cute shops and the fancy Bosworth Hotel. Maison Rose is positioned on the main square, market place and as the name suggest is very instagrammable with its pink exterior, floral walls and cute bicycle outside the shop.
Be-lavie Recommendations: The decadent cappuccino with a vegan sausage and tomato brioche roll. There is also a regular version for non-veggies and vegans.
This is a great cafe and tearooms and have some wonderful options such as sparkling afternoon tea, brunch, sweet patisserie items as well as hot and cold drinks.
- Location: 8 Market Place, Market Bosworth, Nuneaton CV13 0LE
- Google Map Location: Maison Rose
- .Website: Maison Rose
- Reservations: Essential as this place is busy throughout the week and more so on weekends.
- Price Range: ££/£££
Be-lavie Top Tips For Your Boutique Cabin Stay
Check Mallory Meadows cabin/roundhouse information pack via the link which will be sent to you a couple of days before your visit. It provides information on how to operate appliances as well as useful maps, arrival information, and other relevant useful information about your stay.
Have a look at the Mallory Meadows website for places to eat and drink in the area and make reservations beforehand.
- Many of the great eateries and cafes do get booked up very quickly so it’s best to avoid disappointment.
- Pre-buy tickets for local attractions online so you don’t have to spend a lot of time queuing up, especially at weekends when places can be a lot busier than normal.
- Mallory Meadows hire out BBQ’s which include easy light fuel, matches as well as BBQ cooking utensils, a water bucket and cooking rack at a charge of £10 and must be booked prior to visiting.
- Many of the restaurants and pubs in the are are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so do check ahead to avoid disappointment.
Mallory Meadows: A Boutique Cabin Stay: Round-Up
Mallory meadows is the perfect place for a relaxing getaway in the country and makes for a wonderful boutique cabin stay experience. The accommodation has been well sought out, the amenities are second to none as is the owners consideration to sustainability and eco-friendly matters in the running and up-keep of the property.
The process of checking-in and attention to detail is impeccably robust and its reassuring to know that should you have an emergency and need to contact the owners, they are just on-site.
A stay at mallory Meadows will leave you refreshed and relaxed, in fact the hardest decision will be when you should return and which cabin or roundhouse to try out next.
- Location: Mallory Meadows. Barbell Lane. Kirkby Mallory. Leicestershire. LE9 7QA. Tel. 01455 841867
- Google Map Location: Mallory Meadows
- Website & bookings: Mallory Meadows.
- Price Range: Cabins for the minimum of a two night stay, are priced up £349.
Related Posts To Boutique Cabin Stay at Mallory Meadows
- The Ultimate Local’s Guide to Leicester
- A Guide to Historic Leicester: Through The Ages
- Leicestershire Activities & Places to Eat
Resources to Help with Travel Arrangements
For personally selected services to help with travel and activities hit the links below:
- Flights: Search & book with Skyscanner
- Car Hire: Find your perfect vehicle with Europcar
- Trains: Book trains and coaches in advance for best rates with Trainline
- Guides: Find the perfect reading material and maps for your destination with Foyles
- Eco-friendly: For all your sustainable travel products, head to &Keep
- Activities: Search for activities and tours in teh area with Get Your Guide
- Days Out: Discover historical houses and gardens with National Trust
Full Disclosure: Our Stay at Mallory Meadows is part of a sponsored press stay experience. All opinions and views are our own and together with the photography remain a copyright of Be-lavie. Please do not copy or replicate photography without prior permission. Read our Disclosure Policy