4 KUALA LUMPUR ROOFTOP BARS WITH AMAZING SKYLINE VIEWS
Spending Christmas time in Kuala Lumpur obviously means lots of celebrating – well if you’re not attending all those parties back home then you gotta make up for them right?! We were firmly on a mission to sample as many Kuala Lumpur rooftop bars as possible, in search of the best drinks, nibbles, atmosphere and that all important view of the Petronas Towers!
Be sure to take advantage of the Kuala Lumpur Rooftop Bars Top Tips too!
Affiliate Links Disclosure: I may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. This is at no cost to you. For further information, read our Disclosure Policy
Pin & Save
Related Post: A 72 Hour Must-See Guide of Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Rooftops With Amazing Skyline Views
Here are 4 rooftop bars in Kuala Lumpur which are well worth a visit, just remember to make reservations
Heli Lounge Bar
It was inevitable we would end up at this place on one night – we could see it beside the Petronas Towers from our hotel suite. This is an actual helicopter pad which just happens to morph into a rooftop bar in the evenings with a bustling scene of locals and tourists alike dancing into the night with outdoor and indoor panoramic views of the Kuala Lumpur cityscape. During the day the helipad is fully functioning, hence the late afternoon/early evening times.
Upon entering the Menara KH building, you wouldn’t have an inkling that it houses such a lively bar as by day it is an ordinary office block. But once those lift doors open on the 34th floor, you are greeted by gentlemen dressed in the aviator apparel, who quickly usher you to a table. You’re handed a menu and you’ll soon be tucking into delicious cocktails and admiring the surroundings, watching the skillful mixologists, gazing up at the hanging helicopter over the bar or heading out onto the helipad to check out the scene!
The tunes are on point as are the strawberry martinis! If you are one of the first to arrive, you can bag yourself an outdoor table with the most spectacular views of the CN tower and the Petronas Towers, not to mention the rest of the city skyline.
Heli-Lounge Bar Be-Lavie Tips
- Booking is recommended and state if you would like a table in the bar area or on the helipad. Sunset is around 17:30-18:00, so ensure you get your table and spot on the pad
- There is a minimum spend but KL will seem fairly reasonable compared to other capital cities around the world
- If you fancy making a night of it, there is also a restaurant, however we had reservations elsewhere.
- It’s smart casual and evening wear after 21:00, but a little more casual from any earlier. Just to note the bar turns into more of a night club later in the evening.
- Location: Heli Lounge Bar Bukit Bintang 34th Floor Menara KH Jalan Sultan Ismail Kuala Lumpur 50450
- Website: The Heli Lounge Bar
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 00:00 (Closing time varies depending on day)
- Reservations: Essential
- Price Range: $$$
Luna Bar is known as one of Kuala Lumpur’s best nightclubs, offering 360° views of the city with extraordinary vistas of the Petronas Towers as well as the KL Tower. It’s surrounded by towering skyscrapers and offers the most breath-taking views. One of it’s draws is definitely the relaxing atmosphere where local celebrities frequent but additionally that there is an al fresco dining and long bar with a swimming pool in the middle of the lower deck. If you fancy a bite to eat, you can opt for the trendy outdoor bar area or head on over to the top deck which hosts a modern Italian relaxed restaurant, Cristallo overlooking the pool.
Luna Bar: Be-lavie Tips
- No need for reservations, however I would advise booking a table if you plan to dine here
- Dress-code is smart casual but later in the evening the bar has a bit of a club vibe, and more evening wear is worn.
- Try out Luna Bar’s signature cocktail, the Luna. This is a mixture of dark rum, Cointreau, blue Curacao and lychee liqueur. The sweet and fruity drink is served with longan fruit and sago. It makes a lovely pre-meal drink.
- Location: Luna Bar Roof Top Level 34. KH Tower Pacific Regency Hotel Suites Jalan Punchak Off Jalan P Ramlee Kuala Lumpur
- Website: Luna Bar
- Opening Hours: 11:00-01:00 daily
- Reservations: Not Essential
- Price Range: $$$
Marini’s on 57
This is the highest roof-top bar in Kuala Lumpur perched on the 57th Floor and if you want to be close to the Petronas Towers well, you can be in no better place as they are literally next door! Marini’s on 57 is a roof top bar and cigar lounge. Marini’s on 57 is definitely one of the most impressive rooftop bars in Kuala Lumpur.
We were here for pre-meal drinks at sunset, to see the sun go down over the city scape and this was no disappointment. The DJ was throwing out some tunes, yes we were verging on a pretentious crowd but the floor to ceiling glass windows keep you just wanting to order more drinks! We tucked into Mojitos and champagne and literally gazed out at the view perching on our high window table.
The cocktails are spot on but with award winning mixologists at hand, you wouldn’t expect anything else! The price is pretty steep but with this location you can’t really argue. This would be the equivalent of UK prices hence why we considered this place for a special occasion. It was my birthday the week before so we decided to wait and celebrate in KL instead by having drinks and a meal at Marini’s restaurant. There is a minimum cover charge for a window table, which will be explained to you at the time of booking. Additionally the music is pretty good in the bar with a resident DJ, mixing tunes on one side whilst the mixologists are preparing bespoke cocktails.
Marini’s on 57 restaurant is located on the opposite side of the bar area across the lift landing. The view again is pretty spectacular and we had booked in advance requesting a window table. The restaurant serves Italian cuisine using local ingredients and is very much a fine dining establishment with fantastic wine pairings. This restaurant has won many awards and is hailed the BEST restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. The food, service and atmosphere were excellent.
Marini’s on 57 Be-lavie Tips
- If you want a window seat to absorb that all important view, make sure you book in advance as the bar and restaurant are quite busy. We booked 8 weeks in advance for the restaurant.
- The dress code is smart casual and entry will be refused if your dressed a lit more on the casual side, especially in the evenings.
- Sunset hours are between 17:00-21:00 which basically is happy hour on selected drinks!
Location: 57 Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur
Website: Marini’s on 57
Opening Hours: 17:00-03:00 Daily
Price Range: $$$$
In my opinion, you have not been to KL, unless you have been to Skybar!! But I’m sure the question you’re wanting to ask is why? Firstly I am in absolute awe of the Petronas Towers and this for me is where you get the best view of the two towers and a full length view.
This bar was quite busy on our visit but there is an understated, chic vibe about it I’d never felt in any of the other roof bars. The resident DJ’s here spin techno music on select nights but also there are jazz nights, easy listening rock and modern pop hits playing too, however these are more discreet allowing conversations to flow nicely between signature cocktails.
We had no dinner reservations on this particular night, so decided to order some finger food and I can recommend the spring rolls and nachos but I’m sure Dr C will recommend the spice-crusted calamari. Portions are very generous so go easy! Additionally there’s an array of drinks to choose from but Mondays and Tuesdays are the best due to the happy hour. If I had a choice I would choose one of their signature cocktails every time, namely the Kiwitini which contains Belvedere vodka, sugar syrup and Moet et Chandon. It’s no wonder that Traders Skybar has won an array of awards from 2007-2016. It’s pure sophistication!
Trader’s SkyBar Be-lavie Tips
- You must be 21 or over to enter the Sky bar after 19:00.
- If you want a window seat facing the Petronas Towers, make sure you book a cabana or booth well in advance (I mean a couple of months in advance).
- There is also a minimum spend charge in place for these premium seats which will be explained to you at the time of booking.
- Make sure you try one of the signature cocktails and head on over to the terrace, which is usually open if there’s no rain.
- Safety and security is a big thing in Kuala Lumpur so be prepared to get yourself and your bags searched.
- Location: Traders SkyBar by Shangri La. Convention Centre Stall 7 Jalan Pinang. Kuala Lumpur 50088
- Website: Trader’s SkyBar
- Opening Hours: 10:00-03:00 Daily
- Reservations: Essential
- Price Range: $$$
Related Reading: 4 Kuala Lumpur Rooftop Bars With Skyline Views
- A 72 Hour Must-See Guide of Kuala Lumpur
- Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort Borneo: A Review
- Borneo: Mount Kinabalu, The Poring Rainfores & The Rafflesia Flower
- Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary
Plan Your Trip
Travel Planning Checklist
- Flights: Search & Book the best flight options through SKYSCANNER
- Trains & Coaches: Get the best available options with TRAINLINE
- Car Hire: Secure the best vehicle to suit your needs with EUROPCAR
- Hotels: Choose from a wide range of accommodation with BOOKING.COM
- Reading: Select from a big range of travel books at FOYLES
- Tours: Personalise your travels with memorable activities with GET YOUR GUIDE
- Travel Insurance: An absolute must-have! Check rates on SAFETYWING
- Eco-friendly Travel: Grab your eco-friendly travel must-haves from &KEEP