5 OF THE BEST SPA HOTELS IN ST. HELIER, JERSEY
St Helier is the capital city of Jersey, an island off the coast of Southern England. The city’s location of the picturesque Channel Island, is a destination that promises relaxation and rejuvenation. With its serene beaches, charming streets, and a range of world-class spa hotels, St. Helier is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. This article explores some of the best spa hotels in St. Helier, where you can experience a perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and wellness.
Affiliate Links Disclosure: Be-lavie participates in various affiliate marketing programs and is a member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive compensation at no extra cost to you. For further information, read our Disclosure Policy
Pin & Save
- Why Have a Spa Break In St. Helier?
- How To Get To St. Helier?
- How To Get Around Jersey
- When Is The Best Time to Visit St. Helier For a Spa Break
- How Many Days Is Ideal For A Spa Break?
- The Location The Best Spa Hotels In St. Helier
- The Best Spa Hotels In St. Helier, Jersey
- The Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
- The Club Hotel & Spa
- Radisson Blu Waterfront
- Pomme d’Or Hotel
- The Royal Yacht: Spa Hotels in St. Helier
- What To Consider Before Booking a Spa Hotel In St.Helier
- Things To Do In Jersey
- Best Spa Hotels In St. Helier Round-up
- Resources To Help Plan Your Trip
- Pin & Save
St Helier’s appeal as a place of wellness can be combined with a wonderful stay on the island taking in the many sites and experiencing sustainable activities that can be incorporated into your stay as well as some great food and drinking establishments, catering for all tastes, with a great range of vegetarian-friendly and vegan establishments.
Why Have a Spa Break In St. Helier?
St. Helier is located on the coast of Jersey, the biggest of the Channel Islands. It’s location on the island means not only does it have some wonderful spa hotels but many of the attractions and points of interest in Jersey are easily accessible. Access to other parts of the island such as castles, vineyards, restaurants, beaches and much more are a short drive away or a short distance on the islands robust public transport system.
Staying at a spa hotel in Jersey gives you the best of both worlds, a lovely relaxing wellness break combined with an island for exploration as well as being ale to explore the islands culinary scene as well as historic and culture.
// Related Article
How To Get To St. Helier?
Internationally, a flight to London and then onwards to Jersey may be a good option. If travelling from the UK, there are number of flights leaving airports such as Leeds Bradford, Nottingham East Midlands as well as London, with an approximate flight time of 1 hour 15 minutes. Search and Book the best Jersey flights with Skyscanner
Another transport option is ferry, currently, Condor Ferries, has two routes per day from wither Portsmouth to Jersey (four hours) but also Portsmouth Port by the Commodore Clipper (10 hours and 20 minutes).
It is also possible to travel with your vehicle from Poole on Condor ferries and the travel time would be around four hours.
How To Get Around Jersey
A great way to get around Jersey is by either their public transport system which is incredibly reliable and accessible.
If you’d like total flexibility, hiring a car is another option. On your arrive at Jersey airport, there is plenty of car parking around the island at a reasonable price. Search and Book car with Europcar
// Related Article
When Is The Best Time to Visit St. Helier For a Spa Break
Jersey is good to visit all year around, peak times such as school holidays the summer months and public holidays will always be a little more busy with hotel and flight prices being elevated.
A spa break can be enjoyed any time of the year and can be combined with a city break. Spring and autumn or even the cosy winter months, post Christmas festivities, would be a lovely time to head off for some wellbeing and spa time.
How Many Days Is Ideal For A Spa Break?
If you want to combine your spa break with some sightseeing then three nights would be more than enough. Most spa experiences last one to two days and an extra day would give you some time to see the highlights of Jersey. A long weekend is also ideal.
The Location The Best Spa Hotels In St. Helier
The Best Spa Hotels In St. Helier, Jersey
The Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Nestled along St. Aubin’s Bay, the Grand Hotel Jersey offers an exquisite spa experience that caters to your every need. Indulge in a range of treatments, from rejuvenating massages to invigorating facials. The spa’s pool, sauna, and steam room provide a tranquil escape, while the stunning ocean views complete the ambiance of serenity.
This five star resort has the most idyllic location and has a beachside resort feel with its 106 luxuriously appointed rooms and six ocean view suites. The hotel combines afternoon tea, breakfast and dining courses with certain spa packages.
Image Courtesy: The Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, St Helier, Jersey
- Location: Esplanade, St Helier JE2 3QA, Jersey I Tel. 01534 288450 I website
- Find on Map
- Product Range: Elemis
- Unique Treatments: Anti-aging facials targeting lift and peels as well as prescriptive facials and body treatments from massages to rituals. Pregnancy suitable treatments available.
- Hours: Monday – Sunday, including some Bank Holidays, check with hotel for availability.
- Price Range: two night spa breaks in the summer from £390 per person and £281 in the winter per person. Prices correct as of *Sept 2023. Check specifics and inclusions with spa.
The Club Hotel & Spa
The Club Hotel & Spa boasts a boutique setting where luxury meets intimacy. With its thermal suite, outdoor pool, and a diverse array of treatments, including holistic therapies, this five star gem ensures a holistic wellness journey. Immerse yourself in the soothing atmosphere and let your cares melt away.
The boutique hotel has a very central location and comprises of 38 deluxe double rooms and eight suites. There are two pools as well as a drinks and snack terrace, complimentary breakfast as well as their one Michelin Star restaurant, Bohemia on the ground floor led by Chef, Callum Graham,
The spa offers an array of experiences from Bohemia lunch, at their Michelin Star restaurant, and spa, sunrise spa morning, afternoon tea with spa treatments, mini spa days to full spa days, targeted specialist therapies as well as couples/friends spa days and overnight spa experiences.
Image Courtesy: The Club Hotel & Spa, St Helier, Jersey
Be-lavie Tip: The Club Hotel & Spa have so many great and affordable options for spa days/ stays and are very accommodating for half days as well as group experiences. It’s best to call and speak to a member of the spa team for further details and requests.
- Location: Green Street St Helier JE2 4UH, Jersey I Tel. 01534 876500 I website
- Find on Map
- Product Range: Elemis.
- Unique Treatments: Raul Mud Chamber, Indoor Salt water pool and thermal suite.
- Hours: Daily 07:00-20:00 (Sunday & Bank Holiday hours may vary).
- Price Range: one night spa breaks from £185 per person, dependent upon season. Check specifics and inclusions with spa.
Radisson Blu Waterfront: Spa Hotels in St. Helier
This urban oasis with its well appointed spa and wellness centre, pamper yourself with a selection of treatments and unwind in the steam room or sauna. Situated near the marina, this four star hotel lets you experience the perfect balance between city life and relaxation.
The hotel is made up of modern style tasteful interiors and is the perfect base for exploring the surrounding. Prices are reasonable as Radisson Blu Waterfront is more a health club which also provides a beauty salon, Fabric Hair and Beauty, offering Elemis Facials, waxing, tinting and nail care.Massages are also provided upon request.
Image Courtesy: Radisson Blue Waterfront St Helier, Jersey
- Location: Rue de l’Etau Saint Helier, JE2 3WF, Jersey I Tel. 01534 671100 I Website
- Find on Map
- Product Range: Elemis (for facials only).
- Unique Treatments: This is more of a Health Club with pool, sauna and steam room facilities. A small range of treatments are offered.
- Hours: Monday – Sunday (Including Bank Holidays) Check hotel for times as beauty salon may vary.
- Price Range: Spa breaks as such are not offered however, it is possible to make your own package with a stay over and a small selection of treatments. Pool, Sauna, Gym and steam room use are included in room rates.
Pomme d’Or Hotel
While primarily known for its charm, the four star Pomme d’Or Hotel offers a spa and health club that provides a respite from the bustling city. The leisure facilities are more health club than spa but you can still make use of the relaxation facilities to restore your vitality. There are no spa treatments as such but you can use the hotel’s Leisure club and Aquadome a short stroll from the hotel a the Merton Hotel.
The leisure club has a swimming pool with water slides, spa pools sauna and a steam room and a fitness studio. These facilities are all free to guests of the hotel.
The hotel itself has 143 spacious rooms in a contemporary style with numerous dining options as well as the exclusive cocktail bar of old port secrets, The Porter’s Store.
Image Courtesy: Pomme d’or Hotel, St Helier, Jersey
Be-lavie Tip: Please note this is more of a leisure style relaxation experience and therefore would also be suitable for children.
- Location: Weighbridge Pl, St Helier, JE2 3NF, Jersey I Tel. 01534 720511I Website
- Find on Map
- Product Range: Not Applicable.
- Unique Treatments: This is more of a Health Club with pool, sauna and steam room facilities.
- Hours: Open throughout the day, check with hotel for most recent times.
- Price Range: All leisure facilities are free for guests of hotels.
The Royal Yacht: Spa Hotels in St. Helier
Located right in the centre of St. Helier, close to shops, restaurants and bars, the Royal yacht features rooms that are styled to a high standard and many with terraces and balconies which overlook the harbour. The penthouse suites have hot tubs on the balcony too!
The hotel has four restaurants and places to eat as well as four bars to choose from, with something to suit everyone and also a residents lounge for lazying around.
The Royal Yacht prides itself on it’s spa and has a number of relaxing packages lasting two hours for couples, friends, solo and even safe treatments for expectant mothers. The award winning SPA SIRÈNE is a luxurious haven of relaxation. It’s definitely worth booking in a a couple of hours pamper session if you plan to stay here,
Image Courtesy: Royal Yacht Hotel, St. Helier, Jersey
- Location: Liberation Square, Jersey JE1 3UF, Jersey I Tel. 01534 880110 I Website
- Find on Map
- Product Range: Phytomer & Aromatherapy Associates.
- Unique Treatments: The spa offers alternative therapies such as reflexology, Indian head massage as well as Hopi-ear candling as well as a whole host of spa treatments.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday: 09:00-20:00, Friday-Sunday: 09:00-18:00. Gym & Pool hours are a little longer,
- Price Range: Packages can be combined with a stay and booked separately. Varying treatment prices between £166-200 for two hours of three treatments. See spa information for further details.
What To Consider Before Booking a Spa Hotel In St.Helier
Before embarking on your luxury spa break in St. Helier, consider a few of these points below.
#.1. Check online reviews – Once you have a number of locations in mind for your spa break. Read some genuine reviews, from different online sources and learn of their experiences. This will give you an idea of what to expect and also maybe manage your own expectations of the property and what they offer.
#2. Age restrictions – A few of the more luxury or exclusive spas do have a minimum age limit of around 14-16 years so it’s good to make sure the spa of choice allows younger children. If you are going away on a relaxing couples or girls/boys spa getaway the last thing you may want in your hotel or even spa, is having children running around and vice versa if you’re looking for a more family, friendly experience.
#3. Health Club Vs Hotel Spa. Do check in advance if the spa of your choice is closed for swimming practice if it involves using the hotel pool. The last thing you want is a swimming lesson going on when you’re trying to enjoy some zen time.
#4. Fluffy Robes & Slippers Provision – When you arrive at the spa, some spas will ask you to change into a lovely fluffy robe and provide you with slippers for the entire time you are there. It’s kind of like the start of your spa experience. However, it’s good to note that some do charge extra for this, so it’s best to check ahead.
#5. Shop Around for a good deal – It may seem obvious but it’s good to shop around to find a spa that’s suitable for your individual budget. For example you may decide on a day spa package or splash out and opt for a stay-over package. If needs be, call the spa and speak to the manager and clarify what’s included in the price as sometimes it’s not quite obvious from the websites and there may well be hidden costs. Rule of thumb is, if it sounds too good to be true, it often is.
#6. Dress Code – Most spas will let you spend the whole time in you’re bathrobe and slippers, however there are a few where you may be asked to change into smarts clothing for lunch as the food will be served in the main restaurants where there will be a mix of clientele. It’s always a good idea to understand the dress code before arrival.
#7. Package Inclusions – It’s no secret, a spa package break is expensive and you’ll be parting with a bit of an investment sum of your hard earn money so make sure that you know exactly what is included and what you’ll be getting for your money. Sometimes deals look appealing but in reality certain aspects may not be included or even cut short with treatment timings etc.
#8. Party Package Discounts – If your spa experience is part of a group booking for a special occasion like a hen party or milestone birthday then make sure you stress this at the time of booking and try and negotiate a spa discount.
Things To Do In Jersey
Jersey may appear to be a small island but there is no shortage of things to do. The island is full of charm, heritage, wonderful beaches, coastal and cliff walks as well as sampling the delicious locally sourced food and drinks. Being based in St. Helier means many things are within easy reach and accessible either by car, taxi or public transport. For example take a look at this 3 museum entry ticket including Mont Saint-Michel.
// Related Article
Best Spa Hotels In St. Helier Round-up
St. Helier, Jersey in the Channel Islands, presents a haven for those seeking solace and rejuvenation. The spa hotels mentioned above offer a range of experiences, from luxurious pampering to holistic wellness. Whether you’re seeking breathtaking ocean views, boutique elegance, or urban tranquility, St. Helier’s spa hotels cater to your desires. Embrace the opportunity to escape the everyday and immerse yourself in the serenity of St. Helier’s finest spa accommodations.
// Related Article: Photo locations in Jersey that will make you visit right now
Resources To Help Plan Your Trip
- Find Flights and package holidays to Jersey with Jet2holidays
- Book Car Hire in Jersey with Europcar
- Book Jersey Activities & Tours with Viator
- Get your guidebooks and Jersey reading from Foyles
- Good Value for money entry to Heritage sites The Heritage Pass
- Do not leave without Travel Insurance, Get a quote with Safetywing
- Grab your eco-friendly travel must-haves with &Keep