Travel & Lifestyle Resources
Useful links to make travel & lifestyle planning easy!
Love travelling and find the whole process of putting together an itinerary a little daunting?
Worry not, I’ve got you! Below are my personal recommendations to help you create your dream trip with ease. You can have the confidence that these companies have all been tried and tested by me.
Disclosure : This post may contain affiliate links which will provide me with a small commission should you make a purchase. There is no extra cost to you but does help with the running costs of this website, allowing it to remain a free resource. Read the Disclosure Policy for more information.
* Click on ‘blue’ travel companies for direct link
- British Airways
- Jack’s Flight Club
- Qatar Airways
- Skyscanner is usually my first port of call when booking flights as the search reveals a to view price comparison of flights from airlines to and from the desired destination.
- British Airways is my usual flight carrier of choice if possible, firstly because I am an Executive Club member and therefore can earn Avios points which I can redeem against future bookings. On the whole I book most of my European and long haul (bar South east Asia) with BA as the cover many destinations comfortably including Central & South America
- Easyjet are usually my airline of choice for closer European destinations and group getaways accommodating for a varied budget and remember you can add extras to luxe up your journey.https://be-lavie.com/recommends/skyscanner/
- Jack’s Flight Club I would whole-heartedly recommend signing up to this and going via here as he is a complete ninja at scoping out fantastic deals but on the proviso that you can be super flexible.
- Qatar Airways usually my go-to airline to travel to my most favourite and most visited part of the world, South East Asia. They usually offer great deals and Economy flights always feel comfortable and luxurious plus you usually get to stop off in Doha so you can incorporate a long layover into your trip for far less.
Luxury & Boutique Hotels
- Mr & Mrs Smith
- Design Hotels
I pride myself on sourcing hotels by meticulously researching styles, locations, sustainability efforts and am affordable rate per night. I have stayed in brands such as Belmond, Four Seasons, boutique and designer hotels of the world, such as Relais & Chateaux, Luxury Hotels of the World and smaller remote sustainable luxe lodges to name a few. Please read 30 Beautiful Hotels in the World to gain an idea of my hotel selection style.
- Booking.com is my most common form of researching accommodation as it has a great presentation of reviews with all amenities and facilities listed along with location of the hotels and abodes. Additionally, by booking regularly, you can uncover a rewards programme which is great for future bookings. Also gives you the option of rooms available for your dates from basic to luxury and what extras such as breakfast etc are included.
- Mr & Mrs Smith Being a lover of small luxury boutique style hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith never fail to disappoint. They do all the research for you and by booking with them, you earn points as well as a little arrival present in your room. Also many of the hotels I have stayed in with them are part of the Luxury Hotels of the World group or equivalent standing. These are real gems and beautifully curated on their website.
- Design Hotels Every now and then I opt to shake up my hotels and therefore stay in a hotel which focusses on style and showcases the interior work of certain designers. It’s a completely experiential style of hospitality and properties are often quirky and beautiful restored and designed with great creativity and the traveller in mind. Have a read of my review of The Athenswas Hotel
Tours & Experiences
- Lonely Planet Guides
- Get Your Guide
When it comes to tours, I have to say that I usually work with the hotel/abode to source a local company’s services for activities I want to take part in. I would 100% choose a small local guide to show me around their city. Theirs is always a personal touch and you get to see the hidden gems and much quitter spots as opposed to tourist spots. The companies I have recommended below have all got options for small group/private group sizes.Also, you can tailor the itinerary to suit you rather than a large group. I’d usually get most of this done prior to arrival to make the most out of the trip timewise.
- Lonely Planet Guides I swear by these! I tend to buy a guide as soon as I decide on a destination and spend a lot of time researching all aspects of the trip with these. Just incase you don’t have google map services for any reason, Lonely Planet have brilliant maps with everything of interest on as well as area and street maps. I must own over 50 Lonely Planet guides which is testament to how imperative they with my planning and they always travel with me.
- Get Your Guide is a very reliable company offering a plethora of tours and experiences which you can pre-buy online. They also offer many skip the line experiences to museums and points of interest. The experiences are always fun and Most of their tours are guided and done in small groups therefore are pretty affordable. They have some great walking tour options too.
- Viator I must admit on occasions I have used Viator to book experiences because their tours are responsibly sourced, focus on small groups or are private tours you can tailor with your guide. Additionally the tours are very high quality and aim to give you a real authentic taste of the area. Their transport options are very comfortable, and the pricing is usually aimed more towards the luxe end of the market however the experience is always exceptional.
UK Travel & Experiences
- English Heritage
- Red Letter Days
- English Heritage A charity that manages over 400 historic monuments, buildings and places. These include prehistoric sites, medieval castles, Roman forts and country houses. Their aim is to ‘bring story of England to life’. This makes for a great day outfor all the family as well as a memorable experience on a UK break. For a taster, head over to 10 sites to explore with English Heritage
- RedLetter Days One of my favourite gifting companies have hundreds of UK ideas on their website from hotel stays, experiences, family days out and so much more. The experiences are special and there really is something to suit everyone here so you won’t be hard pushed to find the perfect pressie again!
Luxury Travel Experiences
- Shoot My Travel
- Conde Nast Traveller
- Priority Pass Membership
- Shoot My Travel I love capturing travel memories through photography and on occasions have booked Travel photoshoots through this company who deliver a bespoke and personalised service. It means we can capture a special holiday by a personal photography. You pick a destination, photographer via their biography and time slot together with shoot locations (these are discussed with your photographer) and turn up at a meeting point! Photos are candid and not aimed to be fashion shoots. Read about one of my Shoot My Travel Experiences in Havana.
- Conde Nast Traveller I subscribe to this all things beautiful travel magazine featuring some of the most stunning abodes and destinations in the world. It features plenty of inspiration for holidays, hotels and experiences and is a great resource for planning.
- Priority Pass Membership Every now and then, I love the luxury kick off to a trip, especially long haul and Priority Pass is a great way to start off your trip in style. They have three membership options and access to over 1300 airport lounges worldwide which come with wifi, comfy and relaxing seating areas, food and drinks (including alcoholic beverages) and on occasions, showers and spa treatments.
- &Keep A great online online company which has eco-friendly daily products to help you attain steps towards a more eco-friendly lifestyle. From gifts, clothing, bathroom products to stocking a number of sustainable brands, & Keep is your one stop shops for green shopping.
Downloadable Resource Library - Sign up below!
The members- only community